Areas of research and interest
Fieldwork, Anthropology of Gender, Anthropology of the Body, Shamanism, Oral Tradition and Oral History, Visual Anthropology, Museum Anthropology.
Focus region: Lowland South America/Amazonia, Venezuela
Appointments by e-mail.
- Since 2009 scientific researcher
- Since 2002 visiting lecturer in the Institute of Ethnology
- 2000 PhD at the Freie Universität in Berlin
- 1989 Masters degree at the LMU Munich
- Several field studies among the Yanomami in Southern Venezuela starting in 1982
From 1986 to 2002 scientific assistant at the Max-Planck-Institute for Behavioural Physiology, Department of Human Ethology, Andechs and collaborator in establishing the Film Archive of Human Ethology of the Max-Planck-Society and Human Studies Center at the Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich.