Areas of research and interest
Anthropology of money and finance, aesthetics of money, economic anthropology, South Asia, Nilgiris
- since 2015 Lecturer, Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, LMU, Munich
- 2010 - 2016 Doctoral Studies, Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, LMU, Munich. Thesis: “Rupien in der Dollarzone: Geld als Prozess und Medium gesellschaftlicher Teilhabe.”
- 2012 - 2015 Research Associate, DFG-project “Market, Community and Money in India,” Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology, LMU.
- 2012 - 2013 Affiliate Researcher, Madras Institute of Development Studies, Chennai.
- 2011 DAAD-fellow, Sir Theagaraya College, Chennai.
- 2010 Contract for specific academic work (project proposal), Institute of Social and Cultural Anthropology, LMU, Munich.
- 2008 M.A. Ethnology, Economics and Law at LMU, Munich
- Lecture: Economic Anthropology
- Colloquium for examinees
- Seminar: Financial Inclusion – Local and Global Perspectives
- Seminar: Introductory Course - The Anthropology of South India
- Seminar: Caste, Class, Money and Markets – Introduction to the Economic Anthropology of India
- Seminar: The Anthropology of Money
- 06/2012 - 04/2013: Nilgiris District, Tamil Nadu, India
- 11/2010 - 04/2011: Nilgiris District, Tamil Nadu, India
- 02/2010 - 03/2010: Nilgiris District, Tamil Nadu, India
- Talks and publications (pdf, 145 KB)
- Dissertation project: „Rupees in the Dollar Zone”
- Website: www.moneyness.info
- DFG-project: "Market, Community and Money in India: Conversations and Monetary Circuits among the South Indian Badagas" (pdf, 800 KB)